Once I had sent Joshua off to NZ in January 2009 I was faced with yet another "little" obstacle. The reserves of money that I had brought with me from home were fast running out. Although we managed to get out of the hotel temporarily, towards the end of March I was confronted with the stark reality that there was just enough money left to fly Aaron and I home. I phoned our Bishop in France to tell him goodbye but I received the unexpected response (hmmm or perhaps by now the predictable response) to "Pray about it Marianne." My first instinct was to ask, "Pray about what? There is only one option that I can see."
However, after a good night's sleep, I knelt in prayer and asked the Lord what He wanted of me. The answer came back in such an unmistakable way, "I want you to stay in France." My wonderful Bishop met with me and informed me that he was going to throw his weight in behind my decision and support me, at least until June when Aaron's university year would end. I took a very deep breath as I used the last of my money to pay for our next month's expenses. They talk about leap of faith and that image has not meant much to me personally before but it was all I could think about at first. I was leaping off a very dark cliff with no idea if I was going to be caught at the bottom. I call this point in my journey to France, "My Point of No Return". There was no going back on this decision now.
With that decision made, I went back to work looking to get the business functioning, once again expecting that if the Lord wanted me to stay then the doors would be opened and I would get the business up and running. But has June approached rapidly nothing had changed-still no work! I resigned myself to heading back to NZ-YET AGAIN lol! By now I should really recognise that the Lord answers in His own way and in His own time. I am reminded of the scripture in Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts neither are my ways your ways saith the Lord."
So what happened? I will write that one in my next blog :)